Friday, October 19, 2007

The Basics - Composting

You might think that since I blog about front-yard kitchen gardening and because, you know, I actually have a kitchen garden in my front yard, that I am an accomplished composter and that it would be second nature to me. Well, the fact of the matter is that this is not the case. I have fooled around with composting a good bit, but I have never consistently dumped all my scraps and made lots of compost-y goodness. I'll explain the reasons later, but basically, I have always made it too much work.

Well, things are about to change!

We just got this composter from the City of Pasadena for $40:

girlsincomposter.jpg

I just don't understand why anyone would think that we are overboard about composting!

meincomposter.jpg

and just to be clear, we are not planning on composting in the living room.

No comments: