Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Peppers Drying

This is a string of drying peppers that I picked out of the garden last week as I was cleaning up. I didn't have an immediate need for them, so I hung them on a string.

A few days later, I remembered that I am bringing ceviche to my family's Thanksgiving party. This is the appetizer that I am forever required to bring to family holidays. Success breeds not just success but demand for repeat performances! I cut three peppers off the string and used them. I will also be putting sungold cherry tomatoes that just ripened into the mix. I have some baby cilantro that did not quite make the cut.

As for drying the peppers, this is a pretty cool way to go. We have it hanging in our kitchen and it looks nice. As soon as I got them strung up, they began changing colors to red. I took a turkey "pin", straightened out the loop for stringing, used it as an oversized needle and strung up the chilies.

No comments: